I first tried these broiled treats at my sister-in-law's house. The juicy mushroom caps and creamy filling were so fabulous that I had to get the recipe. It's hard to believe how simple, fast and easy they are.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the bacon,
- onion and garlic powder. Spoon into mushroom caps. Broil 4-6 in.
- from the heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
- Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 46 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.