Bacon Squash Saute Recipe
This delicious medley is my favorite way to serve zucchini and squash. The bacon and onion add just the right amount of flavor and crunch. —Jodi Grable, Springfield, Missouri
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- 2. In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 232 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Squash Saute
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC