This delicious medley is my favorite way to serve zucchini and squash. The bacon and onion add just the right amount of flavor and crunch. —Jodi Grable, Springfield, Missouri
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Squash Saute in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p35
Reviews for Bacon Squash Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review