Bacon Squash Saute Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 small yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute the zucchini, yellow squash and onion for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Squash Saute(4)
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe!!! I made it as a meal. The changes I made were I added a few baby bella mushrooms when I sauteed, served it over rice, and topped it with a few cut tomatoes, added a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Origianl Blend, a small handfull of crumb feta cheese, and a few dashes of soy sauce. We started off this meal with the Summer Garden Salad found on this site.
add fresh tomatoes...a few red pepper flakes and soy sauce and serve over rice as a main dish...one of our summer favorites!
I loved this recipe. Very easy and quick to make. A great way to use summer produce up.
I used all yellow squash, just because that's what we had home. Regardless, a yummy side dish that's easy to make!