Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
Even our kids-who normally don't care for spinach-can't resist this salad with a rich bacon dressing. Of course, you can use other greens instead of spinach.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Refrigerate greens and onions in a salad bowl until serving. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Just before serving, pour dressing over greens; toss to coat. Serve with bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Spinach Salad
Reviewed May. 20, 2016
"I made this tasty salad with lettuce, green onions and spinach from my garden. I also added sliced boiled eggs to mine. The salad and dressing were light and delicious! Perfect for a spring day!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC