Bacon Spinach Salad
Even our kids-who normally don't care for spinach-can't resist this salad with a rich bacon dressing. Of course, you can use other greens instead of spinach.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Place greens and onions in salad bowl; refrigerate until serving.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a jar and shake until well
- mixed. Just before serving, pour dressing over greens. Toss well to
- coat. Add bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.