Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
Even our kids-who normally don't care for spinach-can't resist this salad with a rich bacon dressing. Of course, you can use other greens instead of spinach.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside. Place greens and onions in salad bowl; refrigerate until serving. Combine all remaining ingredients in a jar and shake until well mixed. Just before serving, pour dressing over greens. Toss well to coat. Add bacon and toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC