Even our kids-who normally don't care for spinach-can't resist this salad with a rich bacon dressing. Of course, you can use other greens instead of spinach.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves
- 1/2 small head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Refrigerate greens and onions in a salad bowl until serving. Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Just before serving, pour dressing over greens; toss to coat. Serve with bacon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Spinach Salad in Country Woman September/October 1993, p37
Reviews for Bacon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2016
"I made this tasty salad with lettuce, green onions and spinach from my garden. I also added sliced boiled eggs to mine. The salad and dressing were light and delicious! Perfect for a spring day!"