Bacon Spinach Muffins
“A new addition to my repertoire, these rustic muffins with just a touch of feta cheese are very popular already," says Rebecca Lindamood of Belfast, New York. "They make a fabulous accompaniment to soups and salads, are super-quick to whip up from scratch and so satisfying!”
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels to drain. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter
- and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg.
- Combine sour cream and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking
- soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with the sour
- cream mixture just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, feta cheese,
- onion and 1/4 cup spinach (save remaining spinach for another use).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at