- curry powder, pepper and cayenne. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into
- tomato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup shrimp creole with 1/2 cup rice equals 292 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 171 mg cholesterol, 814 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.