Bacon Scones Recipe
"I grew up with this very popular Bacon Scone recipe in Scotland. It pairs great with a salad." Teresa Royston, Seabeck, WA
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion, cheese and two-thirds of the bacon.
- 2. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 7-1/2-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 242 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC