- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion, cheese and two-thirds of the bacon.
- Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 7-1/2-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Bacon Scones(10)
Sort By :
I make this recipe on a regular basis as my husbund loves them!! I do stir all the bacon in and usually add a little extra cheese. I also use onion powder cause we aren't big onion eaters. Definitely my hubby's favorite recipe!
Made this recipe for my company's holiday breakfast . . . it was a hit!
I made this for a ladies' brunch and it was excellent! I used bacon bits and mixed them all into the batter, based on another reviewer's comments. So yummy!
These are very buttery and good. I used turkey bacon and they still tasted very savory. The bacon that you sprinkle on the top before baking doesn't really stay on so next time I might press it in or just mix all the bacon in rather than dividing it. Really a great recipe!
The scones were delicious and moist. I will definetely be doing these again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.