Bacon Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Valerie Belley of St. Louis, Missouri enhances her pared-down potato dish by adding a layer of sliced onions and sprinkling of crumbled bacon. "They make the potatoes seem more special," she says. "The recipe can easily be doubled for company, too."
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. In a greased 1-qt. baking dish, layer the potatoes and onions. Pour white sauce over the top. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 390 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Scalloped Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC