Bacon-Sausage Quiche Tarts
As a teacher, you attend many meetings and also have special celebrations with rest of the staff. The other teachers a very fond of this treat and often request that I bring it to our functions. — Jackie Milliken, Pittsboro, North Carolina
40 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 6 Johnsonville® Original Breakfast Sausage Links, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Split each biscuit into two layers; press each into an ungreased
- miniature muffin cup.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and pepper
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are
- tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in
- eggs. Fold in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and the sausage mixture. Spoon
- 1 tablespoon into each cup. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining
- cheese. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm. Yield: 40 appetizers.