Bacon-Sausage Quiche Tarts Recipe
As a teacher, you attend many meetings and also have special celebrations with rest of the staff. The other teachers a very fond of this treat and often request that I bring it to our functions. — Jackie Milliken, Pittsboro, North Carolina
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 6 uncooked breakfast sausage links, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Split each biscuit into two layers; press each into an ungreased miniature muffin cup.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, mushrooms and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender; drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Beat in eggs. Fold in 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and the sausage mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon into each cup. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 tart: 97 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Sausage Quiche Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC