Bacon Salisbury Steak
Bacon gives this saucy steak from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut a satisfying, smoky flavor.
Tip idea: Serve with a jar of gravy.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place beef mix in a small bowl; stir in parsley and
- onion. Shape into a patty; coat with flour. Using a slotted spoon,
- remove bacon to paper towel to drain.
- In the drippings, brown the patty on both sides. Add gravy and water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until meat is no longer pink. Top with bacon. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 443 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 143 mg cholesterol, 1,410 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.