Bacon gives this saucy steak from Joanne Rocchetti in New London, Connecticut a satisfying, smoky flavor. Tip idea: Serve with a jar of gravy.
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 portion Versatile Beef Mix, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup beef gravy
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Meanwhile, place beef mix in a small bowl; stir in parsley and onion. Shape into a patty; coat with flour. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towel to drain.
- In the drippings, brown the patty on both sides. Add gravy and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Top with bacon. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Bacon Salisbury Steak in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p53
Reviews for Bacon Salisbury Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review