On my family's list of favorite nibbles, this appetizer is tops. I've served the satisfying canapes at showers and brunches.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the
- cheddar cheese, bacon, peanuts and onions. Spread over bread.
- Sprinkle with additional onions if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 236 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.