- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon, peanuts and onions. Spread over bread. Sprinkle with additional onions if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Rounds
"Mine didn't look as pretty as the picture, but they were tasty"
"These were okay......a little bland. I'll make them again but will add......something to make them a little more flavorful."
"This is the ONE appetizer that is a must for every Christmas! My family starts reminding me to make it for Christmas in October. Sometimes I use pecans instead of peanuts. There are never any leftovers."
"1/4 tsp. garlic powder."