- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the cheddar cheese, bacon, peanuts and onions. Spread over bread. Sprinkle with additional onions if desired.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Rounds
Sort By :
"These were okay......a little bland. I'll make them again but will add......something to make them a little more flavorful."
"This is the ONE appetizer that is a must for every Christmas! My family starts reminding me to make it for Christmas in October. Sometimes I use pecans instead of peanuts. There are never any leftovers."
"1/4 tsp. garlic powder."