This family recipe dates back to the 1930's, when my grandmother started making these hearty breakfast rolls.
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 10 bacon strips
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large
- bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery salt, garlic powder, salt,
- pepper and onion mixture; toss to mix evenly. Add egg; toss to coat
- bread cubes. Roll into ten 1-1/4-in. balls. Wrap a bacon strip
- around each ball. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining
- In a large skillet, cook bacon roll-ups on all sides over medium heat
- for 18 minutes or until bacon is crisp and a meat thermometer
- inserted into stuffing reads at least 160°. Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 10 roll-ups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 348 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium,