When I invite friends over for an evening, they ask that I make a selection of appetizers instead of a meal. They're great sports who willingly try anything I serve. —Geneva Jorgenson, Buffalo, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1/4 pound uncooked bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 16 bacon strips, halved
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in stuffing; cool. Transfer to a bowl; stir in pork sausage and egg. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape stuffing mixture into 1-in. balls; wrap each with a bacon strip half and secure with a toothpick. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Serve with warm roll-ups. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Roll-Ups with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p44
Reviews for Bacon Roll-Ups with Mustard Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review