Bacon Ranch Potatoes
When I prepare mashed potatoes, I often make extras, just so we can have this casserole the next day.Kathryn Hostetler, West Farmington, Ohio
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cottage cheese, milk, onion
- and dressing mix. Spread in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with
- bacon and cheese. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.