Bacon Quiche Tarts
Flavored with vegetables, cheese and bacon, these memorable morsels from Kendra Schertz are bound to be requested at your house. "The tarts are an impressive addition to brunch, but they're quite easy to make," notes the Nappanee, Indiana cook.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 Eggland's Best® Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the
- eggs, cheese, green pepper and onion.
- Separate dough into eight triangles; press onto the bottom and up the
- sides of greased muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the bacon into cups.
- Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 258 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling