- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add the eggs, cheese, green pepper and onion.
- Separate dough into eight triangles; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups. Sprinkle half of the bacon into cups. Pour egg mixture over bacon; top with remaining bacon.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled baked tarts in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat tarts on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Quiche Tarts
"WHAT A GREAT EASY BREAKFAST TREAT! i JUST USED BIGGER MUFFIN TINS AND MADE 6, INCREASED THE CHEESE, SUBSTITUTED RED PEPPER FOR GREEN PEPPER (DO NOT LIKE) AND USED ALITTLE CHIVE CREAM CHEESE TO REGULAR CREAM CHEESE. PERFECT!!!AM GOING TO FREEZE SOME , DEFROST WHEN READY TO SERVE AND JUST REHEAT FOR WHEN MY SON IS VISITING FROM OUT OF TOWN. AM NOT A MORNING PERSON AND THIS IS IDEAL FOR ME! ps I ALSO MADE IT AHEAD OF TIME AND PUT IN REFRIG OVERNITE SO I WAS READY TO GO THE NEXT MORNING!"
"Yummy. I didn't have any green pepper, and can't wait to explore this recipe more. I also used a bit more cream cheese than the initial recipe, and put a chunk of colby. This will be great to play with for brunch."
"Mmmm these turned out wonderful!! Thank you for sharing!! Fast and delicious!"
"Very tasty and good. They all went in one sitting. I ligtened up the whole recipe and got the fat down to 10.8g per tart. I used light cream cheese, 1% milk, 1 whole egg, 3 tbsp. egg whites, 1/4 c. of reduced 2% mexican cheese, red pepper (just what I had) reduced fat crescents and 5 tbsp. of real bacon bits. Couldn't tell they were lower in fat, just delicious."
"had my friend over for bkfast and made this recipe and just loved it,forgot to get the cream cheese and i had a whipped cream cheese with spinach and artichoke and worked out just great.we decided that this dish would be good for camping cause u could make ahead and when you eat them you pick up and go."