Light and fluffy, this scrumptious quiche is ideal for breakfast or brunch but can also be served at dinnertime. Serve with a clump of chilled grapes or other fresh fruit on the side.
Warwick, Rhode Island
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + standing
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and juice. Stir in the bacon,
- salt, pepper and green onions. Pour into pastry; sprinkle with
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 739 calories, 60 g fat (31 g saturated fat), 359 mg cholesterol, 781 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.