Enjoy the traditional flavor of a bacon quiche without the effort by preparing this quick version from Helen Hoppes of Wabash, Indiana. Using baking mix means there's no need to fuss over a pastry crust.
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Dash pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a blender, combine the eggs, milk and butter. Add biscuit mix and pepper; cover and process for 15 seconds. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with bacon and cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Quiche in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p16
Reviews for Bacon Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review