This fuss-free quesadilla is so tasty, you'll feel like you're treating yourself. This makes a great snack for one. You can double or triple the ingredients if needed. —Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Sour cream, guacamole and additional salsa, optional
- Butter one side of one tortilla; place in a small skillet, buttered
- side down. Top with cheese, bacon and salsa. Butter remaining
- tortilla; place on top, buttered side up.
- Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is
- melted. Cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream, guacamole and
- additional salsa if desired.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without optional ingredients) equals 388 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,000 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.