Bacon Pull-Apart Bread Recipe
I made this tender and tasty bread for my husband, and he just loved it! When I'm out of bacon, I substitute bacon bits. —Terri Christensen, Montague, Michigan
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dressing mix, oil and bacon. Place half of the biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining biscuit pieces and cheese mixture.
- 3. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 227 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC