Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
"I made this tender and tasty bread for my husband, and he just loved it! When I'm out of bacon, I substitute bacon bits. —Terri Christensen, Montague, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not
- crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dressing mix, oil and bacon.
- Place half of the biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube
- pan; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining
- biscuit pieces and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5
- minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 227 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 11 g protein.