- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, dressing mix, oil and bacon. Place half of the biscuit pieces in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with remaining biscuit pieces and cheese mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Pull-Apart Bread
"We found this to be dry. Not sure if I will make this again but if so I will lower the oven temp to 350* and see if that helps as it seemed a little over done after being in for 25 minutes."
"I would love to see a "canned biscuit" warning so I don't waste my time looking at recipes using canned biscuits. The only thing they are good for is emergency donuts."
"Great flavors! Made for a large get-together. Perfect size because everyone got to sample the bread as part of lots of other appetizers. The only change I would make next time would be to incorporate some of the cheese and bacon through out the bread. This would mean no matter what part you pulled off, you would have all the flavors."
"This is awesome! I have had many requests for this at potlucks. The quality of the biscuit is key here, IMO. My kids love this and whenever I make it, they don't want to share it with a potluck group! So I make some just for them!"