Bacon-Provolone Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Bacon and provolone take this hearty chicken sandwich over the top. Add a little Dijon mustard to spice things up a bit.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- 8 strips ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 8 romaine leaves
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. On roll bottoms, layer the bacon, chicken and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with romaine and onion. Spread mayonnaise over cut side of roll tops; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 23 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 615 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC