Bacon Potato Waffles
I like to garnish these great waffles with sour cream and chives, or even a simple cheese sauce. My mother used to sprinkle them with a touch of sugar. —Laura Fall-Sutton, Buhl, Idaho
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup or chunky applesauce
- Additional crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and oil. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s
- directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup or applesauce.
- Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 2 waffles (calculated without syrup and bacon) equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium,