- CHEDDAR MORNAY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Dorot Crushed Garlic cube
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- BACON POTATO WAFFLES:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup or chunky applesauce
- Additional crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- For the cheddar Mornay sauce, cook butter and flour over medium heat until bubbly. Add Dorot crushed garlic cube and milk, cook until thickened. Stir in cheddar cheese. Keep warm.
- For the waffles, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion and bacon.
- Cook in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with cheddar Mornay sauce, syrup or applesauce. Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.
Originally published as Bacon Potato Waffles with Cheddar Mornay Sauce in Taste of Home Cooking School Spring 2014
Reviews for Bacon Potato Waffles with Cheddar Mornay Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review