- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup or chunky applesauce
- Additional crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup or applesauce. Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.
Reviews for Bacon Potato Waffles
Sort By :
"Responding to bziol:Mashed sweet potatoes should work fine. You will have a sweeter waffle, since you added brown sugar when you mashed."
"i made this receipe and used leftover mashed potatoes. it was a hit. my family loves wafles and this worked out great. it give another use for leftovers and no one is the wiser. it is a great budget stretcher in that manner."
"Absolutely delicious but I didn't add the onion. I sometimes make mashed potatoes and freeze them anyway, now I portion out a couple of baggies of taters to just pull out for waffles. Waffles freeze very well also"
"I wonder how these would taste with mashed sweet potatoes. I used butter and brown sugar when I mashed the sweets so it could give some good flavor in combination with the bacon."
"so soft and great! made these with shredded chicken ham instead made about 12 large pancakes."