I like to garnish these great waffles with sour cream and chives, or even a simple cheese sauce. My mother used to sprinkle them with a touch of sugar. —Laura Fall-Sutton, Buhl, Idaho
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Maple syrup or chunky applesauce
- Additional crumbled cooked bacon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in onion and bacon.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup or applesauce. Sprinkle with additional bacon if desired. Yield: 12 waffles.
Originally published as Bacon Potato Waffles in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p69
Reviews for Bacon Potato Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review