Bacon Potato Salad
My family was tired of the same old potato salad at family functions, so I created this with the ingredients I had on hand. Now I'm always asked to bring it to get-togethers. —Tami Gallagher, Eagan, Minnesota
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/3 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, bacon and parsley. In a
- small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato
- mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 398 calories, 35 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 524 mg sodium,