- 2-1/4 pounds red potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into cubes. Place in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, celery seed, salt, pepper, bacon and reserved drippings; toss gently. Cool to room temperature. Fold in mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Potato Salad
Sort By :
Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe
everyone loved it! I cooked potatoes the night before and did not bother peeling the potatoes.
very good...I am making it again Memorial Day 2013.
I'm not a big potato salad fan but my husband and I both love this. I add celery for some crunch but other than that my husband says "Don't change anything."
It is simple and tasty. It is now my favorite potato salad recipe.