Bacon Potato Pancakes
Meet the Cook: Potatoes are something I can eat anytime of day and almost any way. This recipe's one I came up with to go along with pigs in blankets several years ago.
Our three children are grown, and John and I have five grandchildren.
-Linda Hall, Hazel Green, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 to 6 medium uncooked red potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Rinse and thoroughly drain potatoes. In a bowl, combine the potatoes,
- bacon, onion, eggs, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/8 in. of oil to 375°. Drop batter
- by 2 heaping tablespoonfuls into hot oil. Flatten to form patties.
- Fry until golden brown; turn and cook the other side. Drain on paper
- towels. Yield: 2 dozen.