Bacon Potato Omelet Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a 9-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings. Set bacon aside.
- 2. Cook potatoes and onion in drippings until tender, stirring occasionally. Add eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Carefully run a knife around edge of skillet to loosen; transfer to a serving plate. Cut into wedges. Yield: 3 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.