Bacon Potato Omelet
For a fun way to present basic breakfast ingredients potatoes, eggs and bacon try my recipe, a family favorite I inherited from my mother-in-law.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 9-in. nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving
- drippings. Set bacon aside.
- Cook potatoes and onion in drippings until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Add eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and cook
- over medium heat until eggs, salt and pepper; mix gently. Cover and
- cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon. Carefully run a knife around edge of skillet to
- loosen; transfer to a serving plate. Cut into wedges. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.