Bacon Potato Bundles
Dorothy Sutherland of Seven Points, Texas cuts cleanup by grilling this versatile side dish in foil packets. "Wrap the bacon around the veggies and secure it with a toothpick for a fun presentation," she suggests. "Add carrots, squash or whatever vegetables you wish."
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 8 onion slices
- 8 green pepper sliced
- 4 bacon strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes on four pieces of greased heavy-duty aluminum
- foil. Place onion and green pepper between potato quarters; top with
- bacon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap in foil. Grill, covered,
- over medium-high heat for 40-50 minutes or until the potatoes are
- tender, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 434 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 10 g protein.