Bacon Potato Bake Recipe
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, eggs, sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat. Place half of the potato mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Toss bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 460 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1045mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Potato Bake
"Apache I would make the recipe as is and check to make sure it doesn't get dry. If it does you could add a small amount of milk and recheck every so often. Hope this helps."
"Hi, I have a question it is probably a dumb one but I wanted to know when you put these in the crock pot, do you add water? and if so how much? Thanks so much for any help anybody can give me. :) I did give it 3 stars, just because it looks delicious."
"I also added onion for flavor. Next time I will probably do in slow cooker. Potatoes got to soft after boiling them. Were more like mashed potatoes. They were a nice change though."
"Add some grated onion to give a little more flavor."
"This recipe was alright. Not too much savory flavor, but ok to eat for something different."
"I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. I used 5 pounds of (unpeeled) red potatoes. Next time I won't waste my time slicing the potatoes I will just mash them. I also didn't have any room in the oven to bake it, so I put it in the crock pot on high for 1-2 hours until the cheese was melted and then on warm until it was time to eat."