Bacon Potato Bake Recipe
This cheesy potato casserole is always popular. It's a nice change from mashed potatoes and with a bread crumb and crumbled bacon topping, it looks as good as it tastes. —Helen Haro, Yucaipa, California
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, eggs, sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter and salt. Spoon over potatoes and toss to coat. Place half of the potato mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- 3. Toss bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 460 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 1,045 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC