Even picky youngsters find the eggs and hint of bacon in these popovers irresistible. For delicious variety, try pairing them with maple syrup or cheese sauce.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Combine the eggs, milk and
- oil; whisk into the dry ingredients just until blended.
- Using a 12-cup muffin tin, grease and flour five alternating cups.
- Fill two-thirds full with batter. Sprinkle with bacon. Fill empty
- cups two-thirds full with water.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open
- oven door). Bake 15 minutes longer or until deep golden brown (do
- not underbake).
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.