Bacon Popovers Recipe
This recipe proves that simple ingredients oftentimes result in the best-tasting dishes. These popovers are a nice change from ordinary toast or muffins. Donna Gaston, Coplay, Pennsylvania
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Combine flour, cheese and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Grease cups of a popover pan well with some of the bacon drippings; set aside. Stir bacon into batter; fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° (do not open oven door). Bake 15 minutes longer or until deep golden brown (do not underbake).
- Run a table knife or small metal spatula round edges of cups to loosen if necessary. Immediately remove popovers from pan; prick with a small sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 popovers.
Originally published as Bacon Popovers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p12
Reviews for Bacon Popovers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review