Bacon Pinwheels Recipe
In Wichita, Kansas, Janne Rowe whips up these savory rolls with a rich cream cheese, mushroom and bacon filling. The yummy pinwheels will make a scrumptious addition to any buffet table.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the mushrooms, garlic powder and bacon.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- 3. Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 211 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Pinwheels
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC