In Wichita, Kansas, Janne Rowe whips up these savory rolls with a rich cream cheese, mushroom and bacon filling. The yummy pinwheels will make a scrumptious addition to any buffet table.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the mushrooms, garlic powder and bacon.
- Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Spread cream cheese mixture over each rectangle to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- Place slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon Pinwheels in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p30
Reviews for Bacon Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review