When I had my kitchen remodeled, I lost the recipe for these mushrooms. But I'd shared it so many times, I had no trouble finding someone to “lend” it back to me. —Beverly Pierce, Indianola, MS
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 large fresh mushrooms (about 1 pound), stems removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sherry or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil over medium-high heat. Add mushroom caps; cook 2 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt. Remove with tongs; drain on paper towels, stem side down.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 5 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until filling is browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p41
Reviews for Bacon-Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 27, 2013
"I found this recipe 20 years ago and made it for a quick Thanksgiving side dish. I never dreamed it would be demanded by kids. I've been told it's not Thanksgiving without this family tradition now."