Bacon-Parmesan Brussels Sprouts Recipe
I never thought I liked brussel sprouts until I was given this very old recipe. It's delicious and may just change your mind about Brussel sprouts! *It's not a good idea to add salt to this recipe, as the bacon and parmesan cheese are already salty enough. I've substituted broccoli and/or cauliflower for the sprouts and they are also delicious prepared in this way. The only change I make is that I generally use a microwave steamer to cook the broccoli and cauliflower.
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute Brussels sprouts and onion in reserved drippings until lightly browned. Add water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in bacon and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon-Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
Reviewed May. 25, 2015
"I have fresh brussel sprouts. Should I par-boil them first? Thanks!"
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC