Bacon-Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
I never thought I liked brussel sprouts until I was given this very old recipe. It's delicious and may just change your mind about Brussel sprouts! *It's not a good idea to add salt to this recipe, as the bacon and parmesan cheese are already salty enough.
I've substituted broccoli and/or cauliflower for the sprouts and they are also delicious prepared in this way. The only change I make is tha
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove to
- paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, saute Brussels sprouts and onion in reserved
- drippings until lightly browned. Add water and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until
- Brussels sprouts are heated through. Remove from the heat. Stir in
- bacon and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.