Bacon-Onion Pan Rolls Recipe
"These buttery bacon-filled rolls are a favorite item at family get-togethers," reports Liz Vaughn of Mt. Prospect, Illinois. "We have to hide them from our two sons-in-law or there wouldn't be any left for dinner!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 25 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter; brush with 3 tablespoons butter. Place 1 teaspoon of bacon and onion on half of each roll. Fold over and pinch to seal.
- 2. Place, pinched edge up, in a greased 9-in. square baking pan, forming three rows of six. Brush tops with remaining butter. Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 118 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC