Bacon-Onion Green Beans Recipe
I threw together the recipe to give some color to the plate. I knew all the relatives liked green beans, so I added onion, bacon, tasted sesame seeds and a little vinegar for a nice tang.—Karen Darrell, Wood River, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Drain beans; place in a large serving bowl. Stir in the onion mixture and bacon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC