Bacon-Onion Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Drain beans; place in a large serving bowl. Stir in the onion mixture and bacon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 132 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Bacon-Onion Green Beans
"The best green beans"
"Try balsamic vinegar....YUM!"
"These were flavorful. Simple to make with ingredients on hand."
"Very tasty! And such an attractive presentation."
"These were so yummy! My friend's not a very big green bean fan, and she loved them."