Bacon-Onion Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 3. Drain beans; place in a large serving bowl. Stir in the onion mixture and bacon. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Onion Green Beans
"The best green beans"
"Try balsamic vinegar....YUM!"
"These were flavorful. Simple to make with ingredients on hand."
"This is my favorite vegetable side dish! I served it when we hosted Easter -- everyone raved about it. There were not leftovers."
"Very tasty! And such an attractive presentation."
"These were so yummy! My friend's not a very big green bean fan, and she loved them."