- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the asparagus in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar, bacon and remaining salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to a large shallow bowl; top with warm bacon dressing and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Onion Asparagus
Sort By :
"This is delicious. I served it with the Peachy Chicken on the same page and white rice."
"Yum! I will make this again and again."
"Very tasty. Will definitely make again. Left off the sesame seeds because I ran out of time and I didn't have them toasted."
"WOW, Thanks for posting the link to the recipe, Recipe-Bot. This will be a great passing dish at cookouts this summer. John"