Bacon Nut Meatballs Recipe
Almonds provide the crunchy difference in these irresistible meatballs. Making them a day in advance enhances the flavor even more. - Sue Downes-Williams, Lebanon, New Hampshire.
- 10 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) beef consomme
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain o paper towels. Reserve drippings in skillet.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato past, crumbs, parsley, almonds, oregano, salt, pepper and bacon. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Brown meatballs in drippings. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute mushrooms and onion in the drippings.
- 4. Combine soup and consomme; stir into the mushroom mixture until blended. Return meatballs to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 60 meatballs.
7 each: 459 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 1754mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Nut Meatballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC