These crispy nachos have always been a big hit in our house. Topped with kid-friendly ingredients like ground beef and cheddar cheese, they're sure to be requested by your children. And older kids enjoy that they can microwave them themselves. -Ruth Ann Bott, Lake Wales, Florida
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup guacamole dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chopped tomatoes and green onions, optional
- In a small skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Place tortilla chips on a microwave-safe serving plate. Layer
- with the beef, bacon and cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is
- melted. Top with guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with tomatoes
- and onions if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.