Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Add orange juice to the drippings; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; add orange juice mixture and bacon. Cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing
"Nothing containing bacon is healthy. This recipe should not be under 'healthy salad dressings'"