Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing
"A tossed green salad topped with this creamy dressing is a great way to round out a meal," assures Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan. "The tangy-sweet blend of flavors complements lettuce and tomatoes so nicely. It's also a tasty dressing for potato salad.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Add orange
- juice to the drippings; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Place
- the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; add orange
- juice mixture and bacon. Cover and process until smooth. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 62 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.