Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing Recipe
"A tossed green salad topped with this creamy dressing is a great way to round out a meal," assures Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan. "The tangy-sweet blend of flavors complements lettuce and tomatoes so nicely. It's also a tasty dressing for potato salad.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Add orange juice to the drippings; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; add orange juice mixture and bacon. Cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p22
Reviews for Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2014
Nothing containing bacon is healthy. This recipe should not be under 'healthy salad dressings'