"A tossed green salad topped with this creamy dressing is a great way to round out a meal," assures Fran Scott of Birmingham, Michigan. "The tangy-sweet blend of flavors complements lettuce and tomatoes so nicely. It's also a tasty dressing for potato salad.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (white portion only)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on paper towels. Add orange juice to the drippings; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; add orange juice mixture and bacon. Cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p22
Reviews for Bacon-Mustard Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2014
"Nothing containing bacon is healthy. This recipe should not be under 'healthy salad dressings'"