Bacon Mushroom Roll-Ups Recipe
Wrapped in toasted white bread, these creamy roll-ups pair the delectable flavors of bacon and mushrooms…with mouthwatering results. Party guests can’t get enough! —Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 20 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; add the cream cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Stir until blended.
- 3. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly; spread each slice with 4-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- 4. Roll up from a long side and secure with a toothpick. Place seam side down in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; brush with butter.
- 5. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 roll-up equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC