Bacon Mushroom Roll-Ups Recipe
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 20 slices sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; add the cream cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Stir until blended.
- 3. With a rolling pin, flatten bread slightly; spread each slice with 4-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- 4. Roll up from a long side and secure with a toothpick. Place seam side down in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; brush with butter.
- 5. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 each: 144 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Bacon Mushroom Roll-Ups
"I have a recipe similar to this. It's with shallots, worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese and the white bread slices. Your recipe as with this one I feel the bread just doesn't get it. I'm going to try your version and mine with Wontons Wrappers & Crescent Rolls and deep fry them and see what happens. The combination of ingredients is great but the bread is not working for me."
"easy and tasty - going to make it again soon!!!"
"made this as stated it went down well with everyone at the party,enjoyed these I will make again and try adding other things like red pepper flakes,garlic etc,"