Bacon Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Mushroom Chicken(7)
Sort By :
Really luv this recipe. Have made it numerous times, but never have rated it.
It was delicious though I did things a bit different. I used fresh onion and sautéed that with the mushrooms in the bacon grease and after pouring the sauce over the chicken I topped it with the mushrooms and onions. It turned out amazing and my husband loved it!
This chicken was incredible! My husband and I both loved it, and it really wasn't that hard to make. I used fresh shredded parmesan instead of mozzarella and I think I prefer it that way. The parm really complemented the existing flavours and textures.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >