- 2 bacon strips, halved
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; set aside. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle both sides with seasoned salt. Brown in bacon drippings. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, mayonnaise, corn syrup and onion; spread 1/4 cup over chicken. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Serve with remaining honey mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"A favorite with the kids and adults around here. Dinner is ready in less than an hour."
"Has anyone tried this with cheddar cheese? That's what I have on hand, wondered if it might give it a good flavor. Sounds like a great recipe, can't wait to try this!"